R7

"Ain't Gonna Study War No More"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brooklyn, New York, United States

Right-To-Life Party, Christian, Anti-War, Pro-Life, Bible Fundamentalist, Egalitarian, Libertarian Left

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

The Litany for the Call to End the War and Occupation of Iraq


Out of Isaiah 6:1-9 in the Tradition of Prophetic Tradition:

In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord sitting upon a throne high and lifted up and his train filled the temple. Above him stood the Seraphim. Each had six wings. With two he covered his face and with two he covered his feet, and with two he flew. One called to another and said: "Holy, Holy, Holy is the Lord of Hosts. The whole earth is full of your glory. And the foundations of the thresholds shook at the voice of him who called. And the house was filled with smoke and I said "Woe is me for I am a man of unclean lips and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips. Then flew one of the Seraphim to me having in his hand a burning coal which he had taken with tongs from the altar and he touched my mouth and said, "Behold! This has touched your lips. Your guilt is taken away and your sin is forgiven." And I heard the voice of the Lord saying "And whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" Then I said "Here am I, Lord, send me." And he said "Go and say to this people…"

One: TO HEAR AND ANSWER the call to end the war and occupation in Iraq

Many: Here I Am, Lord. Send me.

One: To BOLDLY march and to speak against all war and occupation.

Many: Here I Am, Lord. Send me.

One: To speak with great passion to prevent new wars in Iraq’s neighboring countries and to build peace.

Many: Here I Am, Lord. Send me.

One: To stand and to speak out against all forms of bigotry.

Many: Here I Am, Lord. Send me.

One: To go and seek healing for all BROKEN AND OPPRESSED communities.

Many: Here I Am, Lord. Send me.

One: To hold ACCOUNTABLE our government and all governments who ignore the voices of the needy and the STIFLE voices of the least of theses.
Many: Here I Am, Lord. Send me.

One: To do all with love

Many: Here I Am, Lord, Send me.

One: God of love and justice, God of peace and mercy, God of life and of air; God of water AND the earth: hear our cry. STRENGTHEN US AS We seek to be a voice for those whose voices have been silenced. Aid your people. Unite us across this country and THROUGHOUT THIS world as we seek justice and peace for all of your people. May we all be makers of peace.
Many: Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home