R7

"Ain't Gonna Study War No More"

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brooklyn, New York, United States

Right-To-Life Party, Christian, Anti-War, Pro-Life, Bible Fundamentalist, Egalitarian, Libertarian Left

Thursday, December 22, 2005

The Best Gift Ever

?But covet earnestly the best gifts.? ? 1 Corinthians 12:31

Last year, I wanted to give the perfect Christmas gift to a special friend?one that would leave a lasting impression. I thought about the hand-dipped chocolates and fancy assortments of nuts that most people enjoy, but I really wanted something unique. As the days before Christmas vanished like melting snow, I could find no answer to my search. Finally, Christmas Eve arrived without my having located that perfect gift. While the evening shadows deepened, bringing Christmas within hours, I sat glancing through my Christmas cards and thinking about the most valued gifts I have received through the years. I smiled as I realized that my most prized gifts didn't come in big boxes with beautiful bows or festive wrappings; they came in envelopes bearing my name.

My heart warmed as I re-read a card from someone special I had encouraged over the past year. In my hand was a gift that didn't need to be wrapped. It was a written feeling that touched me as no wrapped gift had ever done, because it was filled with love. It was then that I realized I had found the perfect gift.

At this blessed time of year we are reminded of the best Gift ever given?God's love in sending His only Son, Jesus, to be our Savior. His Word, the Bible, is a beautiful expression of His love and salvation.

This year if you are still searching for the perfect gift, consider writing a note or card expressing your love and admiration to someone who has been a special help or encouragement to you over the past year. Pray for God's blessing on them, and if they are not a Christian, share with them about Jesus and what He has done for you. If you do this you will have given one of the greatest gifts you can give to another?that of love.

Apostolic Faith Church

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home